Guaranteed the ultimate lemon pound cake for lemon lovers! It's moist and rich and tastes incredible under a thick layer of lemon glaze.
How to prepare:
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the butter and Swerve sweetener until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add the cream cheese and continue mixing it until the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lemon extract and continue mixing it with the hand mixer until all ingredients are blended together.
- Finally, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until there are no clumps in the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Pour the batter into two mini bread pans on one regular size bread loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into two mini bread pans on one regular size bread loaf pan. Make sure to spray the loaf pans with a non-stick cooking spray first.
- Bake the 3 mini loaf pans for about 35 minutes or one loaf pan for about 60 minutes. You want to stick a toothpick (or knife) in the center of the lemon poundcake loaf to test to make sure the middle is done. When you remove the toothpick, it should be clean. If there is any batter on it, it needs to bake for a bit longer.
- When the pound cake is baking, start making the lemon frosting.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the Swerve powdered sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. Use a hand mixer and blend it on high until all the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Wait until the pound cake has completely cooled before you apply the frosting or else it will melt.
TOTAL CALORIES : 259.7