Ditch the noodles, make keto lasagna!Ingredients:Noodles:2 eggs4 oz cream cheese, softened1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (130g)Pinch of each: majoram, thyme, rosemary1/2 tsp basil1/2 tsp oregano1/4 tsp garlic powder1/4 tsp onion powder1/4 tsp saltFilling:1 lb ground beef1 1/2 cups of lower-carb pasta sauce3/4 cup (90g) mozzarella cheese, shredded6 tbsp 2% cottage cheese1/3 chopped onion1 oz finely chopped green pepper1 minced garlic clove1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)1 tsp dried oregano1 tsp dried basilPinch of each: majoram, thyme, rosemarySalt and pepper to tasteHow to prepare: Noodles:
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with tin foil sprayed with oil or parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs
- Next, add Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix to combine.
- Fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, onion, peppers, and your spices. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from the pan and add ¾ cup of your sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Putting It All Together
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp cottage cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan and basil over top. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
TOTAL CALORIES : 525.5