Who needs flour when you have a delicious crispy coconut coating? Try this coconut flour chicken tenders! So tender and yummy! Ingredients:1/4 cup coconut flour2 tablespoons grated Parmesan optional1/2 teaspoon kosher or natural sea salt1/2 teaspoon ground cumin1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground smoked paprika1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional1/2 teaspoon onion powder optional1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper1 pound chicken tenderloins 6-8 pieces1/4 cup olive oil or a beaten eggHow to prepare:
- On a plate or shallow container, mix coconut flour, Parmesan and spices with a fork.
- Pour olive oil (or beaten egg) in a small container. Drench each tenderloin in olive oil then gently press each chicken tenderloin in coconut flour mixture. Spray extra olive oil over the coating until wet to prevent dryness.
- Ensure each tenderloin is completely covered with coating then place on a rack inside a shallow baking pan. Spraying extra olive oil on top prevents dry coating.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes then flip each tenderloin.
- Continue baking for an additional 10-12 minutes. To brown the outside, place tenders about 6-inches from top broiler on high and broil each side for about 1 minute. (You'll need to flip the tenders again to brown each side using the broiler)
- Eat plain or dip in your favorite sauce.
TOTAL CALORIES 139.6