This biscuit and sausage gravy might be the most simple and flavorful gravy from scratch! Make it and taste for yourself!
Biscuits:1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder½ tsp sea salt2 tablespoons cold salted butterEgg whites from 3 large eggsGravy:2 tbsps cream, half and half1 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature1 tbsp bacon fat¼ cup water1 tsp chipotle in adobo, mashed - optionalPepperSalt, as neededHow to prepare:For Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix almond flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-size bowl. Add cold butter and using a pastry cutter, mix until crumbly. Next in a small bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork until they are slightly frothy, about 30 seconds. Blend the eggs in with the almond flour mixture until combined. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the bits of butter to harden.
- Divide the biscuit mixture into 4-6 portions and spoon to the parchment lined baking sheet or into a well-greased muffin top pan. Bake right away for 10-12 minutes. Remove when golden brown.
- Heat the cream and cream cheese up with the bacon fat, whisking until smooth.
- Add a little water as needed to get the right consistency.
- Stir in a little mashed chipotle in adobo if desired.
- Tasked and adjust salt.
- Add a liberal amount of fresh ground black pepper.
TOTAL CALORIES 378.9