Golden caramelized onions and creamy roasted garlic are an ideal match for the flavors in this Italian Stuffed Portabellos.Ingredients:1 tbsp butter2 cloves garlic, minced2 mushrooms¼ small yellow onion¼ green bell pepperOnionPepper½ lb ground Italian sausage⅓ cup shredded mozzarella2 oz cream cheeseSaltHow to prepare:
- Remove the stem of mushroom and save.
- Scrape gills from the inner part of the mushroom.
- In microwave or stove, melt butter with 2 cloves of smashed garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush butter on the outside and inside of the mushroom.
- In a food processor, grind onion, bell pepper, mushroom stems, and garlic. Sautee on stovetop for a few minutes until softened.
- In a mixing bowl, add onion and pepper mixture, Italian sausage, mozzarella, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and other seasonings of your choice and stuff meat mixture into mushrooms.
- Top with additional mozzarella.
- Bake in 375˚ oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked.
TOTAL CALORIES : 284.0